Updated May 27, 2020
The health and well-being of our retailers, shoppers, and employees is among our highest priorities. Pine Tree is actively monitoring all developments regarding the COVID-19 outbreak as it continues to evolve daily. On this page, we are sharing – and will continue to update – a list of resources and other information Pine Tree shopping center tenants might find useful as we all navigate this unprecedented crisis together.
We encourage everyone to stay informed with the latest information about the COVID-19 outbreak, how and where it is spreading, and recommendations to protect against it by visiting these websites:
- US Coronavirus Task Force
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control
- National Governors Association States’ Resources Pages
- Dentons’ 50 State-Tracker
Provides a review of state and local governmental orders, directives and financial assistance.
- Official Twitter “COVID-19” Fact Feed
- CNN 50-State Latest Reopening Updates
General Retail Resources
Several trade organizations have been providing regular updates regarding the outbreak’s evolving effects on the retail industry, including:
Virtually all major business credit card issuers are offering some level of support for their members through this crisis. CreditKarma.com has a comprehensive list of current card issuers and their coronavirua-specific support webpages.
Small Business Resources
Along with the recent passage of a $2 trillion coronavirus relief package – the CARES Act – many of Pine Tree’s tenants might benefit from the financial assistance, low-interest loans, grants, tax relief, local marketing expertise, and other resources currently being made available as the nation reacts to protect its small business community. Below are links to many comprehensive resources and programs from the federal government, state governments, associations, and the leading social media platforms.
- New! Stand for Small (Small Biz Resources from American Express)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resources
- Small Business Association (SBA) Guidance & Resources
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Assistance
- Small Business Administration: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Coronavirus Tax Relief
- Forbes Small Business Relief Tracker
- Illinois Emergency Small Business Grants & Loans
- Cook County (IL) Community Recovery Initiative
- Google for Small Business: COVID-19 Guidance
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
Facebook is offering $100 million in cash grants and ad credits in response to the virus outbreak.
- Yelp Support for Restaurants
Waived advertising fees, free ads, and more from Yelp.
- Yelp/GoFundMe Partnership
GoFundMe and Yelp have partnered to match donations directed to support local businesses affected by the health crisis.
- James Beard Foundation Relief Fund
Fund gathering support to give micro-grants to independent food & beverage businesses in-need.
Gift Certificates & Delivery
- Kabbage – Small Business Gift Certificates
Sign-up to sell gift certificates to your customers online, anytime.
- Rally for Restaurants
Grassroots movement to support the restaurant industry through gift card purchases.
Offering gift card purchases from shoppers’ favorite local businesses.